Question:
Internet cafe in Edinburgh?
lerato
2007-04-25 11:18:18 UTC
Does anyone know of a good internet cafe in Edinburgh?
Somewhere central with a quick connection would be great.

Thanks
Three answers:
Basement Bob
2007-04-26 01:57:15 UTC
easyInternetcafe

Open 07:30-22:00, 7 days a week, Edinburgh's largest internet cafe with over 300 PCs. Very central. Printing, faxing, scanning, copying all available.

go to the link below for full list

Coffee Home Internet[edit this]

Located in the heart of Leith Walk (between Albert and Iona Street) this pretty little cafe offers fast broadband and wireless conection in a clean and friendly environment. With full access to the PC and all its drives you are able to download and install your own programs and plug your own hardware into any of USB drives, i.e. IPODS, USB Pen Drives, Cameras/Memory Cards. All PC's have Microsoft Windows and are safe and secure from viruses. Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Copying, CD / DVD Burning, Skype and a range of Multiplayer Games available.

Onsite more..

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

tel: 01314778336

address: 28 Crighton Place on Leith Walk

email: rosie@coffeehome.co.uk

hours: 10AM-10PM M-S, 1PM-8PM Sunday

Dreamcatcher[edit this]

the first Wired Cafe, based in the South Side, easy for the University, guest houses and for sight seeing. One of the 4 original, and only surviving, internet cafes in Edinburgh provides quality internet with top notch fair trade coffees, healthy snack and the odd devilishly good piece of cake.

Facilities include Internet, scanning, printing, photocopying, faxing, cd burning (subject to copyright laws), pc repairs & the odd bit of humour.

Also at Wired Cafe in Tolcross.

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

tel: 0131 662 8800

url: www.dream-catcher.info

address: 27 South Clerk Street

price: 50p for 20 minutes

email: shopfront@dream-catcher.info

hours: 9am to 8pm (10pm in summer)

Edinburgh Costa Coffee[edit this]

we open every day of the week, we connect you to internet, receive and send e

mails, etc., for your confort we have scanner, printer, viewcam, coffee and soft

drinks and we also offer you a small library where you can borrow books.

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

price: US$4,00

tel: 0131 221 9329

hours: Mon - Sat 8.00 - 20.00 Sun 10.00 - 19.00

address: 35 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh EH2 4RG

url: www.commsport.com

Internet Cafe[edit this]

A friendly, cheap internet cafe in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town just off the Grassmarket, close to the Royal Mile. Rates from 2 pence a minute. CD burning, disks, printing, photocopying, scanning all available. Hours from 10am until 11pm.

You are welcome to instal programmes and use messenging services. Webcams with microphone and earphones available.

Discount phonecards sold!

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

zipcode: EH1 2HH

hours: 10am to 11pm

price: from 2 pence a minute

address: 98 West Bow

url: www.edininternetcafe.com

tel: 01312265400

Wired [edit this]

Providing quality internet access in the Tolcross area of Edinburgh, and with sister cafe in Newington, Wired Cafe promotes a peaceful internet experience, with a full range of healthy snacks and tempting goodies.

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

tel: 0131 659 7820

url: www.wiredcafe.info

address: 1 Brougham Place

price: 50p for 20 minutes

email: shopfront@dream-catcher.info

hours: 9am to 8pm (10pm in summer)

The Portal - Internet Services[edit this]

A small but comfortable cafe with 8 High Quality Cube PCs, CD and DVD burning, memory-card readers, scanner, faxing and colour lazer printing facilities. We also offer a range of advice and consulting services.

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

address: 2 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh

hours: 0930ish-1800ish mostly

email: info@theportal.org.uk

tel: 0131 221 1976

url: www.theportal.org.uk

zipcode: EH10 4HN

easyInternetcafe[edit this]

Open 07:30-22:00, 7 days a week, Edinburgh's largest internet cafe with over 300 PCs. Very central. Printing, faxing, scanning, copying all available.

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

url: www.easyinternetcafe.com

address: 58 Rose Street

zipcode: EH2 2YQ

Whereto? [edit this]

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

email: whereto@why.co.uk

address: 103 High Riggs, Tollcross

url: www.why.co.uk

tel: 0131 229 6886

Connections [edit this]

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

address: 5 Colinton Rd.

url: www.heimdall-scot.co.uk

tel: 0131 4469494

Web 13 [edit this]

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

email: queries@web13.co.uk

address: 13 Bread Street

url: www.web13.co.uk

tel: 0131 229 8883

Entertainment World[edit this]

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

tel: (0131) 229 5333

email: eworld@btinternet.com

address: 138 Lothian Rd

Hanover Street Costa Coffee[edit this]

8 Systems

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

tel: 0131 226 4184

hours: Mon - Sat 8.00 - 19.00 Sun - 10.00 - 18.00

address: Corner of Princess Street/Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2DL

url: www.commsport.com

International Telecom Centre[edit this]

International Telecom Centre, Edinburgh is situated on Edinburgh's world famous

Royal Mile, close to several back-packer hostels,about halfway between The

Castle and Holyrood Palace. We are a total communications solution for people on

the move -

type: general

World66 rating: [rate it]

price: �4.00 (four pounds stirling p/h)

tel: 0131 558 7114

email: itcedinburgh@hotmail.com

hours: 9.00 to 22.00 hrs 7 days a week.

address: 52 High Street, Royal Mile,

EDINBURGH EH1 1TB SCOTLAND

url: www.btinternet.com

Forest Cafe[edit this]

It's actually a normal, organic, vegetarian/vegan cafe, run by volunteers.

Two computers, but completely free. Also has free wifi access or you can plug in to their ethernet.

type: Internet Cafe

World66 rating: [rate it]

price: FREE
?
2016-09-29 05:48:13 UTC
Internet Cafe Edinburgh
Doo
2007-04-25 13:36:54 UTC
Don't know about an internet cafe but when I was there I used the City's library. It's free & it was a very quick connection. Not sure if they are wireless though, I used thier computers.