Question:
How much per day should I budget for a week in Edinburgh?
tricky_jo
2006-02-24 03:36:25 UTC
I don't plan to go on a very strict budget, and of course eating out is always nice.
Four answers:
miss_jojo
2006-02-24 05:18:16 UTC
http://www.list.co.uk/index.php is Scotland's 'essential guide to what’s on in Edinburgh' so that should give you a good idea of prices for meals, exhibitions, events etc.

Personally, I think £30 to £50 is enough for lunch, public transport, some sightseeing and an evening meal. However, if you're going to be doing some drinking, clubbing and shopping, make it more...
bobpegoh
2006-02-24 19:02:43 UTC
About $5 to $8 for lunch and $10 to $25 for dinner not counting drinks. Buses are around $1.50 and a great way to get around. The main part of town is only around one mile long and a couple blocks wide, easy and fun to just walk it. Breakfasts are free in most hotels. Just a little more than going to a city in the states.
Jen
2006-02-24 14:19:03 UTC
well, if it is for a family of 4 i would about £25 for eating out (once) and then for extras i would say about £20. if you are alone i would say about £10 for a meal and £15 for extras. thats per day and if you want to go for a meal every day! but it depends on you really, if you are going to go shopping or cinema etc i would take more.

Once you have been there for a day you will get to know prices and stuff. you will then beable to make a personal budget, but if worst comes to the worst there are plenty of ATM machines around!!
HOWLING MAD FERALMAN
2006-02-24 12:38:18 UTC
i could budget my self for about £15 a day if need be so

id say the max £35 to £ 50